Texworld USA Opens Today
Today, Texworld USA kicks off their fabric fair at the Javits Center in NYC.
Texworld USA is the largest sourcing event in North America for apparel fabric buyers, R&D and product development specialists, designers, merchandisers and overseas sourcing professionals. It gives buyers an opportunity to meet with mills and manufacturers from around the world.
Along with many other influential speakers, our very own CEO Ken Barker will be discussing Fibre Innovation. This years line up also includes reputable speakers from the eco textile industry and will cover a variety of topics from sustainability, fibre innovations, colour forecasting and sourcing within North America.
- “An Eco Index for Everyone” – featuring Karla Magruder, president of Fabrikology, Jamie Bainbridge, Director of Fabric and Product Development at Nau Inc. and many more.
- “Fibre Innovations”, a panel discussion with Karla Magruder, president of Fabrikology; Kenneth Barker, CEO of Naturally Advanced Technologies and Steven Usdan, founder of MDC Group.
- “Crossing the Bridge to Spring/Summer 2012″ by Laurie Pressman, director of marketing and sales development, Pantone.
- “Color Trends: The West Coast Perspective on Color and Lifestyle Trends”, with Fran Sude and Arnold Sude of Design Options.
- “Spring/Summer 2012 Youth Culture” by Andrea Praet, Trend Director of Stylesight USA.
- “Sourcing North America: Discover New Resources” by Susan Power, Publisher of AboutSources.
Entry filed under: Business, Cleantech, Environment, Flax, Organic Apparel, Sustainability, Textiles. Tags: Eco Index, Eco Textiles, Fabrikology, Karla Magruder, Ken Barker, Nau, Organic Textiles, Stylesight USA, Textile Sourcing, Texworld USA.